Monday 9 December 2013

FASHION: And the bells were ringing out for christmas day

Hello all

Festivities are well underway, as is the month of December! Even though it's only the 9th of the festive month, I have already been to 3 Christmas parties. These were all work related parties, so it was a nice excuse to dress up & have fun with my colleagues. Two of the three parties were in hired out clubs, thus my outfits reflected that, & the third party was much more formal, however as I work in events I was in charge of running the party, hence why my outfit wasn't as fabulous as last years outfit, which you can read about here.

That being said, my colour scheme has not changed at all since last year as you will see below! Having three parties was really enjoyable, as although I'm not into going 'all out' when getting ready (by this I mean fake tan, false nails, getting my hair done professionally), I did enjoy spending time getting ready!

Here are the 3 outfits I wore:
Topman party
Dress  - H&M | Boots - Lavish Alice | Bag - Vivienne Westwood

 Vivienne Westwood Party
Shirt (under dress) - Primark | Tartan Dress - TKMAXX (old) | Bowler Hat - Topshop | Shoes - Dr. Marten 

Topshop / Arcadia Party
Top - MissSelfridge | Peplum Pencil Skirt - River Island | Bag - Vivienne Westwood | Shoes - Vivienne Westwood
As I mentioned previously, my colour scheme has stayed with black, white & red!
The first outfit was very sixties inspired with the monochrome & the platforms, so I did a mini bouffant, half up half down hair style.
For the VW party, as I was working practicality had to come before glamour, but I threw in some tartan as afterall, it was Vivienne Westwood!
Finally, the Topshop party outfit. Although I really liked all the outfits, but I think I felt most confident in the last outfit, as I had the longest to get ready! I also managed to stay in the heels for a good 2 hours, which is pretty good for me! I also liked the illusion of an LBD, with a top & skirt combo.

Here are some more pictures of the 3 nights, included my makeup, nails & my fabulous friend.
 Me & Damien before the Topman party
 Prepping before the Topshop party. Hair in hot rollers, Kiss eyelashes in 'Flirt' & 'Russian Red' lipstick by M.A.C
Nails for the Topshop party. 'Matte White' & Black nail art pen, both from Barry M
Finished hair & make up. Disclaimer: I am wearing a strapless dress, I am not naked!
Because everyone looks better in Black & White!

So I'm all done with work Christmas parties now, but I do have some festive plans with my friends as many of them are back from uni so I can't wait to be all festive with them. I'm using my events planning skills, & have lots planned for us for the rest of December plus into January!





No comments:

Post a Comment