Sunday 28 July 2013

Urban Outfitters store opening in Camden

Hello all

Last Thursday I was invited to attend the opening of the new Urban Outfitters store in Camden with the lovely Millie, who blogs at She Hearts The High Street, and Georgina from Georgina Goodman. I love Camden anyway so heading there for an event was even more appealing to me, and with such fabulous girls too!
 
 
 
 
The building that houses the store has a very eclectic history and has been host to an array of purposes. The building was originally made as a bakery, then became a theatre, a cinema, and finally a market, and there’s evidence everywhere of the building’s former past, from theatre/cinema chairs to comic page flooring to symbolise it's once home to a comic book stall.The exposed brick walls and industrial interior I feel perfectly sums up the aesthetic of Urban Outfitters, always cool and 'hipster'.

 
Along with a live DJ and free beer all night, there was also a temporary tattoo station, at which I chose a keyhole/eye tattoo, and Millie picked a snake design. There was also a competition to win a £500 UO gift card involving a pinata competition! How fun!
 
There was also a photobooth, something that I've always wanted to go in but had never had the chance to...until Thursday! We had 2 goes in the booth, as the first time we really weren't ready. I also loved the fact that Georgina, Millie and Myself each have a different hair colour, visually I think we look very good together, don't you think? I think we should form a girl band ;)
We then went to The Diner for dinner and oh my, it was lovely! As a vegetarian, I found that I actually had a lot to choose from and went for the Mushroom burger that was amazing. Unfortunately I was so hungry I didn't do the mandatory foodie pic, but trust me, it was lovely!

I'd like to thank Millie for inviting me & for the pictures used in this post and the wonderful UO team for putting on such a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment