Wednesday 3 July 2013

June Favourites!

Hello all,
I cannot believe that it is July already! At the beginning of every month, I love reading other bloggers monthly favourites posts or YouTubevideos. For a while I had always wanted to do these, but I had been very frugal previously this year. However, Superdrug and my job means that I have discovered many products in June that I feel are worthy of being favourites.
  Clockwise l-r: Sleep-In Rollers (part of a goody bag curtsey of Fake Bake) | Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in Shade 111 'Kiss of Life | Raspberry & Macadamia Nut Shampoo and Conditioner - Superdrug | Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe

First off, these sleep in rollers are my new obsession. After washing and blowdrying my hair, I put these babies in, continue my evening and nights sleep, and wake up to volumised, glamorous curls. Having them in makes me feel really retro when I have them in, like a glamorous fifties house wife! Honestly, I find them easy to sleep in. A friend of mine said that they were incredibly uncomfortable, but everytime I have used them, I have been perfectly rested. I definitely recommend these!

In the month of June we had #RedLippyProject & National Kissing Day, so I was exposed to many lip products. This Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick was a definite winner, I love the matte finish and the rich red is perfect. It's super cheap but good quality too.

I've never stuck to only one brand of shampoo & conditioner. I always go for ones with 'colour protect' features, but I often change what brand I use. I've tried high end (and high priced) brands like Percy&Reed and Tigi 'S Factor', and also drugstore brands like Aussie, and honestly they all seem to do the same thing! So when I saw that these Raspberry & Macadamia Nut duo for only £1.50 (that's only 75p each!) I couldn't resist. They smell delicious and it seems to be working fine. It leaves my hair soften enough for extremely dyed hair! It's still on offer, so I think I may repurchase these!

Finally, I had wanted to try these Maybelline 'Color Tattoo' shadows for a while. The shade Permanent Taupe is a perfect base colour that lasts all day and is, as far as I know, the only matte shade in the collection. I have swatched some other colours are they are really shimmer/glittery which isn't really my thing. however 'Pink Gold' and 'Pomegranate' are gorgeous and I am very tempted! The colour I have is extremely pigmented and I've been using it as a base or as a wash of colour all month.

I'm really trying to blog more, especially beauty posts, so I hope you are enjoying them!


No comments:

Post a Comment