Monday 24 June 2013

Summer Series: Barcelona Beach

Hello all
Welcome to my new Summer Series. It looks like I won't be having a summer holiday, as its far cheaper to go out of season! However, to ease the pain of the inevitable smiling summer holiday photos, I thought I would create the 'Summer Series'. I will be putting together outfits that I would wear at different holiday venues. They won't be everyone's style but they are what I would wear to these places. Expect to see beach, city breaks and maybe the odd clubbing venue thrown in!

First off, Barcelona Beach!
I'm planning to go to Barcelona later this year,as its the perfect combination of beach and city break.
Clockwise from top left: Topshop Lip Bullet in Rockabilly | Topshop Bikini top and high waisted bottoms | Smashbox BB Cream with SPF 35 | Converse in Red | New Look Cat Eye Sunglasses | H&M Skater Dress

I tried on this bikini recently and oh my it is flattering! I felt like a 50s pin up, not sure I looked like one, but feeling it was good enough for me! Keeping with the fifties feeling, I would add some cat eye sunglasses and a slick of red lipstick. I had to include something with skulls, of course, so this light H&M skater dress is perfect. I don't particularly like my feet, or sand, so sandals aren't my best friend. These Converse are more streamlined and lighter, so more feminine so I would definitely wear them to the beach. I would suggest getting a size or half size bigger as for me these came up quite small.

I have previously stressed the importance of SPF, and on holiday it's even more important. I don't tend to wear face products on holiday, although eyeliner and lipstick are musts! This BB cream is light enough in colour and texture and has one of the highest SPF numbers for a BB cream.

I hope you liked this new series! Look out for more Summer Series destinations!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment