Tuesday 25 June 2013

Confessions of a Shopaholic Tag!

Hello all,

The lovely Kate of Kasha Zee tagged me in the 'Shopaholic Tag' so I thought I would respond. 
Honestly, I'm not a huge shopper. As an intern and freelancer, my income fluctuates so I have to really prioritize when it comes to fashion and beauty. However, I think I do a fairly decent amount of shopping so read on to see my confessions...

1. Would you consider yourself a shopaholic?
I would consider myself a 'window-shopaholic'. I love to go shopping, trying on clothes etc, but I am very restrained and hardly ever buy anything unless I love it, it's a good price for what it is, or wait until it's in the sale!
2. How would you classify your style?
I couldn't fit into one catagory as I change my style. I love Victorian, 20s, 40s, 50s and 60s fashion so often incorporate 'vintage' into my style. I also love monochrome, in face a large proportion of my wardrobe is black or white. For this reason, I am drawn to Parisian style, simplistic, yet always elegant. I also love Carine Roitfelt's style, as shes got the Parisian elegance with the rock chick, smokey-eye edge. I do love gothic, 'rock-chick' style too.
3. What store can you not leave without buying at least one thing?
As I've said, I'm pretty good at restraining myself from buying things. However, TopShop is always the biggest temptation!
4. Where do you find the best deals?
I love markets, such as Portobello and Camden for deals. I've improved my bartering skills so have managed to get some great deals!
5. What designer are you willing to splurge for?
I recently bought a Mulberry bag at Bicester Village, it was heavily discounted and I got a classic colour so it won't go out of fashion. I also have some Vivienne Westwood accessories so she is another designer I think is worth the money. Of course, a timeless Chanel 2.55 is and probably will always be on my wishlist, but it is SO expensive that I couldn't justify it. Also an Alexander McQueen scarf is on there too, and Charlotte Olympia Kitty Pumps!
6. Do you have a go to shopping outfit?
Flat shoes are my only requirement! Layers are also good, so a vest,cardigan and blazer combo are great as shops and especially sales can get very hot and stuffy!
7. What is your guilty pleasure? (Not including make-up).
Monochrome or skulls!
8. What is one staple clothing piece you can't live without?
Just one? Maybe a classic LBD.
9. What is a trend you hope never goes out of style?
I'm generally not a follower of trends, but I do like romantic goth.
10. What trend do you love that passed way too quickly?
Again, I'm not really a follower of fashion trends.
11. Who is your fashion icon?
I wouldn't say icon's as I would never copy, or buy something because 'It's SO [insert name here]' but as I said previously, Carine Roitfeld but also Alexa Chung, Lana Del Rey, Paloma Faith, Miranda Kerr and the Olsen twins all have great style.

12. What trend can you absolutely not stand?
I think grunge has been to 'fashion-ised'. I loved that grunge was raw and about not having money to spend on clothes, so you wore your Dads checked shirt, or your jeans were ripped because they were old. Now people pay loads to get this look. I love the grunge style, but how it was done in the 90s, not so much now.

I hope you enjoyed reading my confessions! I am tagging anyone who reads this to do this tag! Please put yours response in the comments and I would love to read yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment