Tuesday 7 May 2013

J'adore...Boucle

Although I missed 'The Little Black Jacket' exhibition last October, the coffee table book hasn't slipped passed me! The selection of models, singers anf fashionista's chosen to model the iconic 'Little Black Jacket' has resulted in some equally striking fashion photography, reviving the classic boucle jacket for the modern audience.


I love my black leather jacket. I feel it's a timeless piece that should be in anyones wardrobe. However, looking further into it, I know feel that having a little boucle jacket is as important. The book proves that you can style the elegant classic jacket to be park avenue or punk and all the styles in between.

Thankfully, boucle is all over the high street at the moment. Probably largely to do with the release of 'The Little Black Jacket' there are black, grey and monochrome styles for a classic look that you can keep no matter what the season/current trends. But there are also an abundance of pastel boucle out there too. In London, even in spring a jacket is necisary, so adding a light pastel boucle jacket can embody the trend in a spring/summer way. However I'll be keeping with the monochrome as I'm a bit of a colour-phobe!

Here are my best boucle of the high-street...
Clockwise from left: ASOS cardigan | River Island biker jacket | Mango dress | Miss Selfridge cardigan | Lavish Alice jacket and shorts | New Look jacket | River Island jacket
 
How would you wear a boucle jacket?
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment