Saturday 19 January 2013

Golden Globes 2013: Best Dressed

The Red Carpet at the Golden Globe's this year definitely set the bar for fashion in 2013! When doing research for this post I fell in love with every dress I came across. As you may know, I love black, white and red. Judging from the red carpet here, red and nude were the colours this year.

Red
Red was a a go to colour for many stars, ranging from rich raspberry to coral. For me, Zooey Deschanel stole the show in her Oscar de la Renta gown and pearl necklace, looking timelessly gorgeous as usual! Jessica Lawrence wowed in Dior Haute Couture which has a beautiful fitted bodice.

Nude
Another theme was nude/white dresses. Although light colours can often be unforgiving, these lovely ladies have bodied to show off and look ever so elegant in nude. Amanda Seyfried's Givenchy lace dress is stunningly simple yet really stands out. Amy Adam's fishtale/mermaid dress by Marchesa really reminded me of a Vera Wang wedding dress as it's so pretty and has a lovely silhouette. Anne Hathaway wore a beaded Chanel number which, paired with her cropped hair, to me had a very French look to it. Finally, Megan Fox, who although very recently had a baby, didn't stop her showing off her amazing figure in this tight lacy Dolce&Gabbana dress.

Best of the Rest
I think Adele looked stunning in her simple black full length dress by her favourite designer, Burberry. Tina Fey had numerous outfit changes throughout the night, but this beaded monochrome piece was my favourite by L'Wren Scott.

This was one of the first 'big' events on 2013 and it has made me so excited to see what the rest of the year has in store for fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment