Tuesday 20 November 2012

say it isn't true, don't tell me romance is dead





I finally dyed my hair! Although it took me absolutely ages in Boots to choose the shade I wanted (I was standing in the hair colourants section for about 40 minutes with colours that, looking back, were pretty much identical) I settled on 'Dark Cherry' or 2.6  by Garnier. Although I have been dying my hair for a very long time, I'd previously only had it done at the hair dressers or used Crazy Colour/Directions to top up. So I was a bit apprehensive when it came to choosing a perminent at home dye. 
The application was really easy (with the help of my lovely Mum) and it smelt really nice, rather than really chemically. It did take a while to wash out but I am really pleased with the result. I used 2 packets as I have quite thick hair, but that meant that I got 2 of the conditioners so it will last me longer (hopefully).
Also, this is what I look like! This is my first full face picture on my blog, so hello everyone! I have increased the contrast on the photo slighty to show the red of the colour as the picture didn't pick it up as much as you can see it in person. It came out a lovely deep red without being purple and super shiney, exactly what I wanted. If the colour doesn't fade too much, I will definitely keep to it.
Also, I used my new Mark Hill Rock Chick Wave Wand, which I'll do a seperate post on soon as it is amazing! (This photo doesn't do it justice)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you look so pretty! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have followed you back :)
      I love your blog
      xo

      Delete