Monday 3 September 2012

Top 10 Wardrobe Must Haves!

Wardrobe Basics

I have been prepping this post for a while now, trying to narrow down the final 'Top Ten' items I believe all women should have in her wardrobe. The items shown here are staples but addapted to  my personal style and colour scheme. The principles and pieces are there, and anyone can use this as a basis to building a wardrobe that will mean they will have again have to wonder 'why do I have nothing to wear!'

I have been watch an unhealthy amount of 'Goks Clothes Show Live' and as much as I dislike him and his addiction to belts, bangles and boobs ("Lets add another bangle!"), his idea of a staple wardrobe appeals to me. So the 10 wardrobe basics I have picked out here are interchangable and can be worn for work, casual or going out, day or night.

1. Vest Tops. Simple and necessary. These can go under a sheer blouse, with the jeans or skirt.

2. Comfortable Heels. These can be in any style, stilletto, wedge, boot, whatever, as long as you can walk well in them and can survive in them for a long period of time.

3. Ballet Pumps. Everyone should have at least 1 pair of ballet pumps (I have about 15!) They never go out of fashion and are so easy to slip on.

4. Blazer. This jacket adds sophistication to an outfit and is a stylish way to keep warm.

5. Leather Jacket. Release your inner rock star and look effortlessly glam in a leather jacket. I love the biker style jacket as it is laid back and can work with dressed up outfits or casual ones.

6. Blouse. Again, this can be dressed up or down to suit the event you are going to. I kept it simple with back and white and I love a good bow!

7. Jean. Buying a well fitting pair of jeans is time consuming and can be expensive. But I feel investing in a pair of jeans is really worth it as they are so comfortable and easy to wear.

8. Pencil Skirt. For those days you want to feel like a bombshell. Channel your inner Marilyn Monroe in a figure hugging pencil skirt.

9. LBD. No wardrobe is complete without a Little Black Dress. Find a shape you like and you can keep it for years! I always feel glamourous in a prom dress style, and this one has a hint of lace too!

10. Fur Coat. Nothing adds a bit of Old School Hollywood glamour like a fur coat. Keep cosy in the cold seasons and still look fab in a (faux) fur jacket. I love leopard print so this is a must have in my wardrobe!

I love classic black and white outfits; to me they scream sophistication and style. That's the reason I have based mine around those colours. However, you can chose these pieces in whatever colours suit you. Similarly with shapes, if you prefer boot cut jeans and they suit you more go ahead! This is just my personal take on Wardrobe basics.

I loved making this post as it really made me think how easy it is to stay on trend if you have to right basics. each season you can simple pick up some statement pieces in on trend colours to update the look year after year. The days of looking at my (overflowing) wardrobe and whining that I can't find anything to wear are hopefully over!



No comments:

Post a Comment