Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nails of the Week #1


I know I have previously post pictures of my nails, like my black and silver nails post and others, however I have decided to make it a weekly thing and try to be more adventurous in trying nail art. This week I was insipred by Zooey Deschanel's Tuxedo Nails so attempted them myself! Apologies for the quality of the photos, I'm using my Blackberry at the moment and the camera is really bad! For a first attempt, I think they aren't terrible! Of course they are slightly shakey and not quite as perfect as Miss Deschanel's but it's a start!
I used Barry M white and Collection 2000 Liquorice using a very thin eyeliner applicator for the details, then Barry M top coat to seal it.

Last week I attempted to Ombre my nails in a blood red (red to black) but it didn't turn out too well, I need a darker red for the middle shade. I've been looking at loads of inspiration from hellogiggles.com on which they have a 'Nails of the Day' post and Zooey Deschanel is co founder. I have a major girl crush on her right now. I've also been looking at WAH Nailsrebelnails.co.uk and nailartjunkie.com for inspiration and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment